Encompassing almost 10 square miles, the Hide-A-Way Lake community was launched in 1967 and features over 1,600 homes, over 3,000 members arranged around 235 acres of lakes. Its residents include families who regard Hide-A-Way as a very attractive suburban community, retirees, and folks who love it's small community atmosphere.
Hide-A-Way Lake's impressive array of features includes:
- Manned access control gates and roving security patrols, 24 hours a day.
- Three lakes, including boat ramps, dock facilities, fishing piers, abeach, and an active lake and fisheries management program.
- A 27-hole golf course and a Golf Shop and driving range headed by a PGA professional.
- Four parks, including such features as tennis courts, playgrounds, pavilions, picnic facilities, basketball courts, and ball fields.
- A junior Olympic swimming pool with lifeguards.
- On-site dining facilities which also offers catering for private functions.
- A variety of community buildings available to residents, without charge, for parties, family reunions, social activities, classes, and club activities.
- Dozens of community organizations serving individual interests ranging from bridge, mahjong, dancing, and gardening to computers, exercise, recreational vehicles, painting, and quilting - just to name a few.
- An on-site Emergency Medical Service base.
For more information please see http://hideawaytexas.net